Terms & Conditions
- 1.1 What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which we supply goods to you.
- 1.2 Why you should read them. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide goods to you, how you and we may change or end your subscription, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
Information about us and how to contact us
- 2.1 Who we are. We are Untamed Cat Food Limited a company incorporated in England and Wales, under company registration number 12219693 with our registered office at 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, United Kingdom, W1W 7LT.
- 2.2 How to contact us. You can contact us by email at email@example.com or by writing to us at Untamed Cat Food Limited, 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London, United Kingdom, W1W 7LT.
- 2.3 How we may contact you. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address you provided to us in your order.
- 2.4 “Writing” includes emails. When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes email but not fax.
- 2.5 “Working day” means Monday to Friday on any day which is not a bank or public holiday in the UK.
Our contract with you
- 3.1 How does it work. You will be required to tell us about your pet and the type of goods you need when you place your subscription order. If we accept your subscription order, we will send you every month a box including your pet’s food and any additional items that you have added to your subscription. In these terms and conditions, any reference to “first box” should be read as meaning the first box we send to you once you have completed your initial order.
- 3.2 How we will accept your order. Our acceptance of your subscription order and formation of a binding contract occurs when we send you a confirmation email with details of your subscription. If we choose to end this contract for any reason, we will notify you in writing as soon as possible and refund any unfulfilled transactions within 7 working days.
- 3.3 Availability. Subscription services are only available in the UK.
- 3.5 Goods may vary slightly from their pictures. All photography is for illustrative purposes only and the actual item may vary in colour, design and size. The packaging of the goods may vary from that shown in images on our website and our app.
- 3.6 We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Any change will be notified on our website and on our app.
- 4.1 To place an order, you will need to register for an account on our website at untamedcatfood.com.
- 4.2 You must provide us and keep us updated with accurate contact and payment information.
- 4.3 If you need to update your details, simply log into your account at untamedcatfood.com, then navigate to your account section. If you have forgotten your password, simply follow the link on the log-in page to re-set it.
- 5.1 The food that we send you will be tailored to your pet’s requirements and therefore it is important that you provide us with complete and accurate details as requested by us from time to time. You also acknowledge and agree that the goods that we send to you are for use by you in respect of your pet only, and not for the benefit or use of any third party. We will not be responsible for any injury or other damage caused as a result of our reliance on any information provided by you to us or the use of the products by any third party.
Subscription duration and cancellation
- 6.1 Terminating your subscription. There is no long term commitment attached to our monthly subscription; you can cancel your subscription any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org stating your email address and full name. Please note that you will still be charged for any orders which are despatched before we receive your notice of cancellation.
- 6.2 Cooling-off period. You have 6 days following the date on which you receive your first box to cancel your subscription. If you exercise your right to cancel within the cooling-off period, you must return the goods to us within 6 days of notifying us of the cancellation in the same condition you receive them. If you cancel during the 6-day cooling-off period and we have already charged you, you will receive a full refund of the money paid. To cancel your order, please contact our Customer Services team by emailing email@example.com stating your email address and full name.
- 6.3 Condition 11 (Returns) confirms how you can return the goods to us and condition 12 (Refunds) sets out details of how and when refunds will be made.
- 7.1 Your first box will be sent to the address you provided to us during the order process within four working days of you placing your subscription order, with subsequent boxes to follow each month at the same address (unless you inform us of a change of details in accordance with condition 4) around the day you placed your initial subscription (Despatch Day). An email confirmation will be sent to the email address you entered at the checkout to confirm each despatch.
- 7.2 You can change your Despatch Day at any time by logging into your account at untamedcatfood.com. If you change your Despatch Day during the course of a month after we have taken payment, then the change to the Despatch Day will only take effect from the following month.
- 7.3 We use Parcelforce to deliver all of our boxes.
- 7.4 Lost items. If you have an item which you believe is lost and today's date is more than seven working days after the date of despatch specified in the despatch confirmation email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your order number, email address and full name. We will investigate the issue and may offer you a replacement. We will monitor lost items reports and reserve the right to terminate our contract with you where those reports indicate fraudulent activity.
- 7.5 Damaged order. Please contact our Customer Services team within 24 hours of receipt of your order at email@example.com. Please do not throw the packaging away as you may be asked to return it or take photographs of the damaged parcel/contents.
- 7.6 If our supply of the goods is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any goods you have paid for but not received.
- 7.7 If you are not at home when the goods are delivered. Our trial boxes will fit through most standard size letterboxes. If for whatever reason a box does not fit through your letterbox and no one is available at your address to take delivery, Parcelforce will leave you a note informing you of next steps, including re-delivery. Parcelforce may also contact you to find the best time for you to receive delivery. Please ensure that the delivery address you enter is correct. Goods that are returned to us may incur a further delivery charge.
Price and payment
- 8.1 Cost. By ordering a subscription and providing us with your payment information, you authorise us to charge you the delivery costs for your first box and a recurring subscription fee on or around the Despatch Day at the then current rate. We reserve the right to vary our prices from time to time.
- 8.2 We will pass on changes in the rate of VAT. If the rate of VAT during the course of our contract with you changes, we will adjust the rate of VAT that you pay.
- 8.3 What happens if we got the price wrong. It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the goods we sell may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the price of the goods at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the price of the goods at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any goods provided to you.
- 8.4 How you must pay. We accept payment with VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB and Diners Club.
- 8.5 Should your monthly subscription fail, we will continue to attempt to take payment for the next 30 days.
- 9.1 The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your goods your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- (a) up to thirty days: if you return your faulty goods to us within thirty days of receipt, you will be entitled to a full refund;
- (b) up to six months: if your goods can’t be repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund, in most cases; and
- (c) up to six years: if your goods do not last a reasonable length of time you may be entitled to some money back although please note that most of our goods will have a shelf-life which is significantly shorter than six years.
- 9.2 Condition 11 (Returns) confirms how you can return the goods to us and condition 12 (Refunds) sets out details of how and when refunds will be made.
- 10.1 To return the goods to us, all you need to do is pack everything up securely in its original packaging and post it back to us at the following address: Dawleys, Unit D, Ashburton Industrial Estate, Ross-On-Wye, Herefordshire HR9 7BW. Please remember to get proof of postage.
- 10.2 Because of the nature of our goods, unless an item is faulty, we can only accept returns of unsealed and undamaged goods.
- 10.3 Unless the goods we have supplied are faulty, you must pay the costs of returning the goods to us.
- 11.1 How we will refund you. We will refund you the price you paid for the goods, including delivery costs (if applicable), by the method you used for payment. However, we may make deductions from the price, as described below.
- 11.2 Deductions from refunds if you are exercising your right to cancel. If you are exercising your right to cancel:
- (a) We may reduce your refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods. If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount.
- (b) The maximum refund for initial delivery costs (if any) will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer a premium delivery service at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
- 11.3 When your refund will be made. We will make any refunds due to you within 14 days from the day on which we receive the goods back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the goods back to us.
Other important terms
- 12.1 We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
- 12.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms except as explained in condition 13.1. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these terms.
- 12.3 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- 12.4 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date. For example, if you miss a payment and we do not chase you but we continue to provide the goods, we can still require you to make the payment at a later date.
- 12.5 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. This contract is governed by English law and each party irrevocable agreed to submit all disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Last updated: 22 August 2020.